Course formats: Tiles format
- Tiles are used to show course topics and activities
- Animation is used to expand tiles to reveal content
- Icons or photos on each tile increase visual appeal
- Modal windows (animated pop ups) to show content
- Colours for tiles are customisable
- Theme compatibility is broad (Boost, Clean, Essential, Moove and Adaptable).
- Easy to switch into Tiles from other formats (e.g. Topics, Grid) without changing course content
- User friendly (e.g. tile icons are provided and don't need to be uploaded)
- Mobile responsive (adapts to different screen sizes and orientations)
- Progress shown on tile with % in a circle, or as a fraction
Update November 2020
Moodle 3.9: If you are running Moodle 3.9, it is essential that you use the Moodle 3.9 version of the Tiles plugin. The Moodle 3.7 version is incompatible (following a change to Moodle core) and will cause you problems. You can see which version of 'Tiles' you are running under Site administration > Plugins > Plugins overview > Course Formats > Tiles Format.
Moodle 3.10: a beta will be released in December 2020, which will be very similar to the latest Moodle 3.9 version, because the Moodle 3.9 version already seems to work in 3.10 - all automated tests are passing. However, more testing is required to be sure. If you test in 3.10 and notice any issues, please report them. If all goes well, a stable release for 3.10 should be available in January.