Annotation on PDF, TextBook, Video, YouTube
Give your learners a boost with the first note-taking app designed for learners
Turn course materials (slides, textbook, video, YouTube, Vimeo etc.) to content that allows your learners to reach their full potential: note-taking, highlighting, class survey, learning analytics, oral comments, peer support, and much more...
Trusted in academic world
More than 200 000 learners chose Amanote to take notes during their lessons.
Eric Willems - Learning Technologist at Univeristy of Namur
« The challenge we set ourselves every day at the University of Namur is to accompany technological innovation in order to anchor it in a pedagogy that is itself innovative and stimulating for learning. In this context, proposing the potential of Amanote to our students seems obvious. »
How it worksOnce the plugin installed on your Moodle instance, a button will appear next to each PDF file. This button will allow to open the PDF from Moodle to Amanote. Learners don't have to create an account, everything is linked to Moodle. They can then take clear and structured notes linked with the course materials.
During the note-taking, the learner can:
- Write enriched text next to the each page of the document;
- Add annotations to the document;
- Insert images, formulas, drawings into its notes;
- Highlight text in the document;
- Export its notes along with the document in several formats (PDF, DOCX);
- Mark a page as understood or not understood.
- And much more.
How to install
In order for the module to work properly, please check that the following requirements are met on your Moodle site:
- Amanote filter is enabled (Site administration > Plugins > Filters > Manage filters)
- Web services are enabled (Site administration > Advanced feature)
- Moodle mobile web service is enabled (Site administration > Plugins > Web services > External services).
- REST protocol is activated (Site administration > Plugins > Web services > Manage protocols)
- Capability webservice/rest:use is allowed for authenticated users (Site administration > Users > Permissions > Define Roles > Authenticated Users > Manage roles)
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.