Blocks ::: block_quickmail
Maintained by Buddy Ethridge, Robert Russo
A block that provides selective, bulk emailing within courses. Developed by LSU.
Moodle 3.7, 3.8, 3.9
Released: Tuesday, April 27, 2021, 9:16 PM
phplint phpcs50 | 16 js22 | 17 css110 | 10 phpdoc1314 | 0 savepoint5 | 0 thirdparty grunt1 | 1 shifter mustache0 | 22 gherkinHTML | XML
- COMPLETELY new version with upgrade path
- Upgrades from v1 to v2+
- New UI with option to use old UI
- Complete rewrite with v2+
- Automated event based emails.
- Notification based automated emails.
- Automated mail merging with user / course keywords.
- Added two DB fields for status of message (whether it sent or not) and the ids of those it failed to send to
- Added alternative name fields for moodle 2.6 compatibility issues, and changed get_context_instance methods to context::instance_by_id
- adds German translation contributed by jlackner
- adds form element setType statements missed in the previous release
- updates for 2.4 and 2.5 Moodle API changes
- Swedish translation
- Hebrew translation
- configurable FERPA settings
- Securing email attachments
- Fixup local css for fixed width themes
- Fixes attachment path on Windows servers #49
- Upgrade from 1.9 a70a5d (meyersh)
- Russian translation 7a5ccc (Sergey Zolotykhin)
- Backing up and restoring of quickmail hostory #39
- Safe email log restoration: #45
- Fixes broken delete link for admins 4166c8
- Improved attachment filearea #40
- Type needs to be included in pagination 3333e6
- Fix upgrade failure point #41 (mackensen)
- Use correct user time in history and drafts #42
- Removed dprecated code #35 (mackensen)
- Install fields were causing problems on install #34 (mackensen)
- Block now uses icons correctly 213ed0
- Uses the correct zip in attachments 200fb2
- Install script differed from upgrade script
- Emergency Fix for alternate emails #25
- Embed image permission too strong for thick app clients #26
- Delete signatures, optional signature content #27
- Added French translation (Luiggi Sansonetti)
- Fixed student permissions #19
- Horizontal scrollbars for email table #17
- Ability to configure alternate email address #16
- Embed images and other content in email and signature #21
- Option to prepend shortname or idnumber in email subject #22
- Fixed problematic anonymous function between PHP versions #7, #8 (eSrem and Icheb)
- Abiding by Moodle config directory permission #9 (abias)
v1.1.0 and v1.1.1
- Styles and decoration (rrusso)
- Initial release
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type Blocks
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the block folder.
- Place the folder (eg "myblock") in the "blocks" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to complete the installation
- Turn editing on in any home or course page.
- Add the block to the page
- Visit the config link in the block for more options.