Panopto 2020121100 Release
Panopto plugin for Moodle 2
This is the current stable release version of the Panopto plug-in for Moodle. No major features were added to this release but it is still recommended customers update to this version of the block.
This version supports (a) Moodle 3.5, 3.8, and 3.9 and (b) Panopto version 5.8.0 or later.
Below is the list of updates from the previous stable release (2020072700).
- Added the ability to set custom timeouts for network communication between the Panopto block and Panopto server to better handle errors in the rare case a Panopto site is unavailable. This should resolve negative performance issues with a Moodle server when a Panopto site is down.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a PHP notice to appear on Moodle servers set to display debug information if sync on login was enabled.
- Fixed an issue where the redirect from SSO login could fail due to the case of the Panopto server in the Panopto block configuration not matching the case of the redirect URL.
- Fixed an issue where system level publishers in Moodle were not properly set as Publishers in Panopto after modifying the Panopto Block configuration unless the Panopto block was edited in a specific course.
- Fixed an issue that could cause system level publishers roles to still be assigned as publishers in Panopto, even if those roles were removed in the Panopto Block configuration.
- Added a new feature to automatically provision courses when first viewing the Panopto block in a course. This is available in the Panopto Block configuration.
- Fixed an issue where instances of the Panopto block were not respecting the forced language of a course.
- Updated the information shown regarding which users have been synced to Panopto after provisioning a course to be more understandable.
- Fixed a regression introduced in 2020072700 where Sync Users after Provisioning could fail to sync all users enrolled in a course.
What is it?
This is a block for Moodle 2, that allows courses in Moodle to link directly to Panopto folders, and to display recordings in the sidebar. It also allows for SSO between Moodle and Panopto, and automatically syncs user permissions between both systems.
The original Panopto plugin was written by Panopto for Moodle 1.9 and earlier. It has since been rewritten for Moodle 2 by Spenser Jones, and subsequently made open-source for collaboration between the open-source community and Panopto.
How can I help?
Fork the block, fix a bug or add a new feature, and send us a pull-request. Or, if you're not a developer, but you've found a bug, add it to our issue tracker.
Copyright Panopto 2009 - 2018 / With contributions from Spenser Jones (email@example.com), Hittesh Ahuja, and Tim Lock
The Panopto plugin for Moodle is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
The Panopto plugin for Moodle is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the Panopto plugin for Moodle. If not, see .
- Version build number
- Version release name
- 2020121100 Release
- Stable version
- MD5 Sum
- Supported software
- Moodle 3.5, Moodle 3.8, Moodle 3.9, Moodle 3.10
- Latest release for Moodle 3.5
- Latest release for Moodle 3.8
- Latest release for Moodle 3.9
- Latest release for Moodle 3.10
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
- VCS tag
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type Blocks
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the block folder.
- Place the folder (eg "myblock") in the "blocks" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to complete the installation
- Turn editing on in any home or course page.
- Add the block to the page
- Visit the config link in the block for more options.