Panopto 2020072700 Release
Panopto plugin for Moodle 2
This is the current stable release version of the Panopto plug-in for Moodle. No major features were added to this release but it is still recommended customers update to this version of the block.
This version supports (a) Moodle 3.5, 3.7, 3.8, and 3.9 and (b) Panopto version 5.8.0 or later.
Below is the list of updates from the previous stable release (2019070100).
- The CLI script upgrade_all_folders.php has been renamed to upgrade_all_folders_cli.php to prevent confusion with the non-cli version of this script.
- The CLI script build_category_structure.php has been renamed to build_category_structure_cli.php to prevent confusion with the non-cli version of this script.
- Updated upgrade_all_folders_cli.php to support batch operations. To call the script with a batch call it with the following:
- php -f upgrade_all_folders.php <# of rows to process>
- E.g. “php -f upgrade_all_folders.php 6 15” will start at row 6 and process up to row 20
- Added a new script to lib/cli, ‘rename_all_folders_cli.php’ that will rename all folders listed in the block_panopto_foldermap table to the name of their associated course. This script supports batch operations similar to “upgrade_all_folders.php described above.
- Added a new button in the Panopto Admin config that will redirect users to a page that will rename all folders listed in the block_panopto_foldermap table to the name of their associated course.
- Improved error messaging for when the Panopto block itself fails to load in a course.
- Improved logging when Panopto tasks (including provisioning) fail.
- Improved logging for Panopto category hierarchy calls.
- Teachers should now only see folders that they have creator access to when remapping a course.
- Added a timestamp to Panopto logs when logs are being redirected to a text file.
- The Panopto Publisher role is no longer automatically associated with any Moodle roles by default.
- Added a toggle to allow Moodle to sync Panopto permissions when a user logs into Panopto using SSO with Moodle.
- Updated code format to better support OpenLMS requirements.
- Fixed an issue where extremely long error log was generated.
- Fixed an issue where users could get directed to their personal folder instead of the course folder when using a Panopto button plug-in while not logged into Panopto.
- Fixed an issue where error log of provisioning courses may have had wrong information.
- Updated the privacy provider to support phpunit privacy test. Note that the handling of privacy is unchanged by this version.
What is it?
This is a block for Moodle 2, that allows courses in Moodle to link directly to Panopto folders, and to display recordings in the sidebar. It also allows for SSO between Moodle and Panopto, and automatically syncs user permissions between both systems.
The original Panopto plugin was written by Panopto for Moodle 1.9 and earlier. It has since been rewritten for Moodle 2 by Spenser Jones, and subsequently made open-source for collaboration between the open-source community and Panopto.
How can I help?
Fork the block, fix a bug or add a new feature, and send us a pull-request. Or, if you're not a developer, but you've found a bug, add it to our issue tracker.
Copyright Panopto 2009 - 2018 / With contributions from Spenser Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org), Hittesh Ahuja, and Tim Lock
The Panopto plugin for Moodle is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
The Panopto plugin for Moodle is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the Panopto plugin for Moodle. If not, see .
- Version build number
- Version release name
- 2020072700 Release
- Stable version
- MD5 Sum
- Supported software
- Moodle 3.5, Moodle 3.7, Moodle 3.8, Moodle 3.9
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
- VCS tag
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type Blocks
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the block folder.
- Place the folder (eg "myblock") in the "blocks" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to complete the installation
- Turn editing on in any home or course page.
- Add the block to the page
- Visit the config link in the block for more options.