Panopto 2019070100 Release
Panopto plugin for Moodle 2
This is the Summer-2019 stable release of the Panopto plug-in for Moodle.
This version of plugin supports (a) Moodle 3.5, 3.6, 3.7, and 3.8 and (b) Panopto version 5.6.0 or later.
Below is the list of updates from the previous stable release (2018121000).
- Enhanced the privacy provider to add reporting capability.
- Updated provisioning messaging to be more informative.
- Added the ability to unprovision Panopto folders from Moodle courses at plug-in settings page. Unprovisioning also automatically happens if a Moodle course is remapped to another Panopto folder. This feature works only with Panopto 7 or newer.
- Fixed an issue which caused Moodle PHPUnit Tests to fail when trying to enroll a user..
- Fixed an issue where Category structure copy feature did not work because the required database table was not created during the plug-in upgrade sequence.
- Fixed an issue where Category structure copy feature did not work under specific PHP configuration.
- Fixed an issue where Category structure copy did not work as intended if a single Moodle server is tied to multiple Panopto servers.
- Fixed an issue where teachers would remove their own creator permissions if they attempted to edit and save Panopto plug-in's configuration for individual courses.
What is it?
This is a block for Moodle 2, that allows courses in Moodle to link directly to Panopto folders, and to display recordings in the sidebar. It also allows for SSO between Moodle and Panopto, and automatically syncs user permissions between both systems.
The original Panopto plugin was written by Panopto for Moodle 1.9 and earlier. It has since been rewritten for Moodle 2 by Spenser Jones, and subsequently made open-source for collaboration between the open-source community and Panopto.
How can I help?
Fork the block, fix a bug or add a new feature, and send us a pull-request. Or, if you're not a developer, but you've found a bug, add it to our issue tracker.
Copyright Panopto 2009 - 2018 / With contributions from Spenser Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org), Hittesh Ahuja, and Tim Lock
The Panopto plugin for Moodle is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
The Panopto plugin for Moodle is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the Panopto plugin for Moodle. If not, see .
- Version build number
- Version release name
- 2019070100 Release
- Stable version
- MD5 Sum
- Supported software
- Moodle 3.4, Moodle 3.5, Moodle 3.6, Moodle 3.7, Moodle 3.8
- Latest release for Moodle 3.4
- The more recent release 2020121100 Release (2020121100) exists for Moodle 3.5
- The more recent release [Optional] 2019120300 Release (2019120300) exists for Moodle 3.6
- The more recent release 2020072700 Release (2020072700) exists for Moodle 3.7
- The more recent release 2020121100 Release (2020121100) exists for Moodle 3.8
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type Blocks
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the block folder.
- Place the folder (eg "myblock") in the "blocks" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to complete the installation
- Turn editing on in any home or course page.
- Add the block to the page
- Visit the config link in the block for more options.