Panopto 2018101200 Beta Release
Panopto plugin for Moodle 2
This is the latest beta version of Generation 2 plugin.
Please consult with the Panopto support team if you have any questions about whether an update is right for your environment.
Upgrade from Generation 1 plugin (2017032401 or before) to this version requires an additional operation after plugin update. Please see this Panopto support page for more information.
This version of the plugin supports (a) Moodle 3.1, 3.3, 3.4, and 3.5 and (b) Panopto version 5.4.0 or later.
- Workaround for an issue where a teacher is recognized as a student occasionally. This workaround is applied only when the new configuration "Authenticate and sync to Panopto on Moodle login" is turned on manually. No need to turn on if you do not hit this issue.
What is it?
This is a block for Moodle 2, that allows courses in Moodle to link directly to Panopto folders, and to display recordings in the sidebar. It also allows for SSO between Moodle and Panopto, and automatically syncs user permissions between both systems.
The original Panopto plugin was written by Panopto for Moodle 1.9 and earlier. It has since been rewritten for Moodle 2 by Spenser Jones, and subsequently made open-source for collaboration between the open-source community and Panopto.
How can I help?
Fork the block, fix a bug or add a new feature, and send us a pull-request. Or, if you're not a developer, but you've found a bug, add it to our issue tracker.
Copyright Panopto 2009 - 2018 / With contributions from Spenser Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org), Hittesh Ahuja, and Tim Lock
The Panopto plugin for Moodle is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
The Panopto plugin for Moodle is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the Panopto plugin for Moodle. If not, see .
- Version build number
- Version release name
- 2018101200 Beta Release
- MD5 Sum
- Supported software
- Moodle 3.1, Moodle 3.3, Moodle 3.4, Moodle 3.5
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
- VCS tag
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type Blocks
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the block folder.
- Place the folder (eg "myblock") in the "blocks" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to complete the installation
- Turn editing on in any home or course page.
- Add the block to the page
- Visit the config link in the block for more options.