Panopto 2018050700 Beta Release
Panopto plugin for Moodle
What is it?
This is the latest beta version of Generation 2 plugin. This is the release candidate of upcoming official release in June.
Use this beta version if you are affected by the problem described below or test this as a preparation for updating the system in summer. Please consult with the Panopto support team if you have any questions about whether an update is right for your environment.
Upgrade from Generation 1 plugin (2017032401 or before) to this version requires an additional operation after plugin update. Please see this Panopto support page for more information.
This version of plugin supports (a) Moodle 3.1 through Moodle 3.4 and (b) Panopto version 5.4.0 or later.
This is a block for Moodle 2, that allows courses in Moodle to link directly to Panopto folders, and to display recordings in the sidebar. It also allows for SSO between Moodle and Panopto, and automatically syncs user permissions between both systems.
The original Panopto plugin was written by Panopto for Moodle 1.9 and earlier. It has since been rewritten for Moodle 2 by Spenser Jones, and subsequently made open-source for collaboration between the open-source community and Panopto.
How can I help?
Fork the block, fix a bug or add a new feature, and send us a pull-request. Or, if you're not a developer, but you've found a bug, add it to our issue tracker.
- Added support for Moodle version 3.4
- Added an option to use the short name of Moodle courses as Panopto's folder name.
- Added support for proxy servers (contributed by University of Bath)
- Moodle block now follows the order of video sessions in a folder if the order is explicitly set by Panopto side. (Requires Panopto Cloud 5.6 or later.)
- Fixed an issue where live sessions were incorrectly displayed as completed recordings.
- Fixed an issue where a Panopto folder may be mistakenly mapped to multiple Moodle servers.
- Fixed an issue where a Panopto personal folder may be mistakenly provisioned as Moodle course folder.(Requires Panopto Cloud 5.6 or later.)
Copyright Panopto 2009 - 2018 / With contributions from Spenser Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org), Hittesh Ahuja, and Tim Lock
The Panopto plugin for Moodle is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
The Panopto plugin for Moodle is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the Panopto plugin for Moodle. If not, see .
- Version build number
- Version release name
- 2018050700 Beta Release
- MD5 Sum
- Supported software
- Moodle 3.1, Moodle 3.2, Moodle 3.3, Moodle 3.4
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
- VCS tag
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type Blocks
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the block folder.
- Place the folder (eg "myblock") in the "blocks" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to complete the installation
- Turn editing on in any home or course page.
- Add the block to the page
- Visit the config link in the block for more options.