Restriction by IP address
Restriction by IP address 3.10.0
Code prechecksHTML | XML
Moodle - availability ip address plugin
Restrict access to any activity by ip-address. This plugin can be used to make any chosen activity unavailable based on the user's IP.
- Author: Luuk Verhoeven, MFreak.nl
- Min. required: Moodle 3.5.x
- Supports PHP: 7.2
List of features
- Supports comma separate list of ip-addresses
- Subnet support, eg 192.168.1.0/24
- Inline ip-address validation
- Turning on/off with eye icon, without lossing the input value.
- Copy this plugin to the
availability\condition\ipaddressfolder on the server
- Login as administrator
- Go to Site Administrator > Notification
- Install the plugin
- Add or edit an activity in a Moodle course.
- Go to the section "Restrict access"
- Click IP address in the modal
- There's a new input field that supports a list of comma separated ip address e.g. 127.0.0.1, 192.168.1.0/24
- The users with matching ip addresses can view the activity.
- Save the activity
- Behat tests ip validation
If you discover any security related issues, please email luuk@MFreak.nl instead of using the issue tracker.
The GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE. Please see License File for more information.
Contributions are welcome and will be fully credited. We accept contributions via Pull Requests on Github.
- Version build number
- Version release name
- Stable version
- MD5 Sum
- Supported software
- PHP 7.2, Moodle 3.5, Moodle 3.6, Moodle 3.7, PHP 7.3, PHP 7.4, Moodle 3.8, Moodle 3.9, Moodle 3.10
- Latest release for Moodle 3.5
- Latest release for Moodle 3.6
- Latest release for Moodle 3.7
- Latest release for Moodle 3.8
- Latest release for Moodle 3.9
- Latest release for Moodle 3.10
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
- VCS tag