Fantastico is an automatic installer for open source scripts such as Moodle.
Firebird is a fully featured and powerful RDBMS and is derived from Borland InterBase 6.0 source code, which has more than 20 years of handling databases from just a few KB to many Gigabytes with good performance and almost free of maintenance!
It is open source and has no dual license. Below is a list of some of the Firebird’s major features:
- Firebird has full SQL 92 Entry Level 1 Support and implements most of the SQL-99 standard, plus some very useful additions.
- Full support of Stored Procedures and Triggers
- Full ACID compliant transactions
- Referential Integrity
- Multi Generational Architecture
- Very small footprint
- Fully featured internal language for Stored Procedures and Triggers (PSQL)
- Support for External Functions (UDFs)
- Little or no need for specialized DBAs
- Almost no configuration needed - just install and start using!
- Big community and lots of places where you can get free and good support
- Optional single file embedded version - great to create CDROM catalogs, single user or evaluation versions of applications
- Dozens of third party tools, including GUI administrative tools, replication tools, etc.
- Careful writes - fast recovery, no need for transaction logs!
- Many ways to access your database: native/API, dbExpress drivers, ODBC, OLEDB, .Net provider, JDBC native type 4 driver, Python module, PHP, Perl, etc.
- Native support for all major operating systems, including Windows, Linux, Solaris, MacOS.
Firebird is financially supported by Firebird Foundation which get his founds from company donations and paid membership subscriptions.
See http://www.firebirdsql.org/ for more information.
It is one of many Firefox plug-ins often recommended by the community to people creating and modifying Moodle themes.
Firebug van be downloaded from www.getfirebug.com
Mozilla Firefox is a free and open-source web browser developed by The Mozilla Foundation and its subsidiary, Mozilla Corporation. Firefox is available for Windows, macOS, Linux, BSD, illumos and Solaris operating systems.
(Entry edited by Helen Foster to update the information. Original entry 10 February 2004.)
(n.) A searing e-mail or newsgroup message in which the writer attacks another participant in overly harsh, and often personal, terms. Flames are an unfortunate, but inevitable, element of unmoderated conferences.
(v.) To post a flame.
Location: Flat file edit settings link in Administration > Courses > Enrolments
A flat file allows enrolment management (enrol or unenrol) of existing users in existing course. The file is read one time by Moodle then erased. The file is located in the moodle file structure as a text file and Cron provides the timing when it is read.
| |Frankenstyle is a moodle developer term which refers to the naming convention that is used to uniquely identify a Moodle plugin based on the type of plugin and its name.
You can find more information about it on the dev docs wiki.
The front page is the initial page seen by someone reaching a Moodle site. It is the site home page.
See the documentation Front page for more details.
File Transfer Protocol - a method of copying files from one computer to another. For example, you might FTP your Moodle files from your home computer to your web server.
Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt.
Negative statements made with no real supporting evidence designed to discourage people from taking a particular course of action. This could be done with malicious intent (e.g. to put potential customers off a competing product), or innocently by passing on received wisdom that is incorrect.