About the team

Àlvar - UX Officer

A little about your background? 

I’m the one who always thought it could be better. I started making videos and special effects, I’ve been building websites for years and I’ve animated and drawn in 3D. But design helps me make sense of the world in a different way. Design is not only the beautiful, the unjust or the ugly, it’s the system the builds them. So no matter how it begins, I always end redesigning, trying to make things a little better

A little about your role at Moodle? 
My role is to bring a new perspective to try to make Moodle a place where students want to learn. And, of course, to dream. To dream of what it could arrive to be.

In your opinion, what is the most important thing UX can bring to Moodle?
I believe that UX is what can take Moodle from being the most used LMS in the world, to the most Loved One.

What is your superpower?
Seeing the Bigger Picture without losing attention to Detail. At least I always try. 

Barbara - Senior UX Designer

My interest for UX and education dates back to when e-learning was still called Computer Based Training. I developed multimedia as a medium of instruction, taught multimedia to tertiary students for the best of 8 years, and got a Master's degree in e-learning, which resulted in the development of solutions focused on bridging the communication gap between deaf, hearing impaired, and hearing students.

I joined Moodle in 2012. I have worked on the UX of several key components of Moodle and its Mobile app, using feedback gathered from user testing and community interviews, and in collaboration with the development teams.

To be the bridge between what learners and educators want and need, and the development team that puts it all together.

What is your superpower?
When I'm not finishing a plate full of dim sums in one sitting, I save the world with my creative thinking skills.

Candice - UX Lead

I have been a UX designer for over 18 years and during this time I have worked on a diverse range of products. Most recently, I led an ethnographic research project focusing on the teacher experience for TAFE NSW. 

My main focus is bringing human centred design processes and tools into the product delivery process so that we make meaningful design decisions that help make life easier for our users.

By focussing on the real problems that need to be solved, we can steer clear of novelty innovation. 

What is your superpower?
Empathy - it's important to always deeply understand people and their day to day challenges. 

Hina - Senior UX Designer

My UX journey started about 15 years ago while redeveloping a website for a NFP in the higher education space. I then moved into the University space as a Senior UX designer in Melbourne, where I worked on improving the online student enrolment system.

I was brought on as part of the UX initiative at Moodle early last year. I enjoy getting to the heart of user issues by asking lots of questions! 

A culture where the users’ needs are central to the product - always! 

What is your superpower?
Curiosity - remaining curious keeps me learning and willing to explore the unknowns both professionally and personally.

(There are no discussion topics yet in this forum)