Moodle in English

Posts made in Moodle in English

Moodle in English -> General help Hidden Section - Assessment still shows on MyMoodle

by James Neill -
If a Section containing an Assessment is Hidden, the assessment still shows up on the MyMoodle page (but the link to it doesn't work).

Is this "correct"/desirable?

My sense is that it would be more intuitive if hiding a section containing assessment would also hide display of those assessments from the MyMoodle page.
Average of ratings: -

Moodle in English -> Quiz Off-line quiz management software

by James Neill -
I posted in 2006 about this, but can anyone help point me to recommendations for off-line quiz management software? I've used Respondus, but for various reasons would prefer an open-source solution. I'm looking at Qedoc - anyone used it and can comment - or suggest other options?

Moodle in English -> General help RSS feed for this forum

by James Neill -
I am trying to subscribe to an RSS feed of this forum using Thunderbird.

When I try to view the forum posts as RSS feeds, I see the Moodle login screen in Thunderbird. I am subscribed to the course and I login via Firefox Portable using WinXP (and I have Moodle cookies added to Firefox Portable), but still only see the Login screen in Thunderbird.

I also tried these instructions for adding cookies to Thunderbird:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/RSS_cookies_(Thunderbird)

but I cannot find cookies.txt in my Firefox Portable profile. Instead I have cookies.sqlite which I tried copying to my Thunderbird profile, but it didn't have the desired effect.

I might add that I subscribe already to 100's of feeds via Thunderbird and have never encountered this problem before.

Can anyone help?