Moodle in English

Posts made in Moodle in English

Moodle in English -> General help Usability: .svg not recognised as an image file type

by James Neill -
.svg isn't recognised by Moodle as a file type - forum search for svg doesn't seem to reveal much. I've asked about this issue here on Moodle Matters @ UC and been discussing work-arounds.

Given that .svg is a recommended file format for diagrams etc. and is widely used e.g., by the Wikimedia Foundation it would be desirable from a usability POV for Moodle to also deal with any security issues and allow .svg files.
Average of ratings: -

Moodle in English -> General help Usability: Messages usability

by James Neill -
What can be said about the usbility of the Moodle message system?

On my wishlist:
  1. Messages need subject lines, so the email is more meaningfully labelled
  2. Incoming messages display above Contacts (to increase their noticeability and minimise the need for vertical scrolling)
  3. Users can enable/disable their messageability - i.e., users should be able to opt out at least of being messaged
Average of ratings: -

Moodle in English -> General help Usability: Tabbed sections -> Re: Svar: Re: Tabbed sections

by James Neill -
Tim, My observation is that in the typical/default Moodle way, a course tends to get longer and longer (as teachers add stuff) and therefore more and more vertical scrolling is needed to get to down to the more relevant current material which is further down than ever as time goes by.... it takes a strong usability mindset to work against this underlying design.