Moodle in English

Posts made in Moodle in English

Moodle in English -> Assignment Using Advance Grading with Offline Assignment Actovity -> Re: Using Advance Grading with Offline Assignment Actovity

by James Neill -

Based on testing, if the grading method is changed from Rubric, the offline grading sheet becomes downloadable, and then the grading method can be changed back to Rubric without loss of the rubric template or stored rubric marks.

I don't understand, though, why download of the offline grading sheet is disabled when Rubric marking is used?

Moodle in English -> General help Usability: Users should be able to toggle centre column sections open/closed -> Re: Usability: Users should be able to toggle centre column sections open/closed

by James Neill -
Mark Drechsler yesterday presented about the scroll of death and some work-arounds:
http://www.slideshare.net/mark.drechsler/unmoodling-your-moodle-1966067

From a usability POV, Moodle needs to give more user-control to enable hide/showing of each section in the centre column - being able to open one or all is a small step in the right direction.
Average of ratings:Useful (1)

Moodle in English -> General help Usability: Users should be able to toggle centre column sections open/closed

by James Neill -
Users should be able to toggle centre column sections open/hidden as they like. They can already do this with sideboxes. This could help to cure the scroll of death, arguably the major usability problem with Moodle. Is there a tracker item for this?
Average of ratings: -

Moodle in English -> General help Usability: "Add contact" should appear on someone's profile page

by James Neill -
To improve the usability of social networking via Moodle, an "Add contact" button should appear by default on someone's profile page.

Currently, to add someone as a contact, one needs to click onto their profile, then "send message" and then "add contact".

Moodle in English -> Moodle community sites Moodle documentation: Autolinking

by James Neill -
I've added this page Autolinking to Moodledocs.

I can't work out how to force an autolink in Moodle to say "lecture discussion" when "lecture" is autolinking instead to something else.

I have tried:
<span class="link">lecture discussion</span>

but this doesn't work. The autolink is still just for "lecture".