Posts made by Eoin Campbell

Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I agree that it is very irritating for even average-sized rubrics. I added the following CSS as a customisation to the Essential theme to get around this problem.

/* Grading for rubrics  - make the KDSC marking rubric table wide for tutors to use */
.path-mod-assign .fullwidth[data-region="grade-panel"] [data-region="grade"] { max-width:none;}

Unfortunately if you don't have administration rights, you cannot edit the customisation, but you could always ask the administrators to add it in.

If that doesn't work, and you are feeling brave, you could try opening your browser developer window (Firefox link), and adding the line in the "{ } Style Editor" tab (in Firefox). This overrides the default theme setting, and works while you have the developer window open. 

Presumably it is just as irritating for students when reviewing their marks, so the following CSS fixes the issue for them.

/* Make the grade rubric wide for students to see it better */
.gradingform_rubric: width: 1300px;

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi David,

The following very popular plugins show distinct drops in April 2016 and February 2017, and either a drop or a very marginal increase in December 2014.

I noticed that there are some general patterns for the number of sites that a plugin is installed on. In most months, the number of sites installed increases for most plugins. In some months however, there is a drop of a few percent for a lot of plugins. This happened in February 2017, April 2016 and December 2014 for example.

The mostly likely explanation for this is that the total number of sites successfully polled dropped  in those months, which could be for any number of reasons. 

It would be nice to know the total site count each month, to get a better idea both of the sample size, and perhaps an idea of relative penetration rather than absolute numbers of particular plugins. The https://moodle.net/sites lists current Moodle sites, but this seems from the documentation to be updated weekly rather than monthly, so isn't the exact same sample set as the plugin statistics. It also doesn't show historical data any more (I think it used to).

Average of ratings: -