Posts made by Ethan Z

I'm new to Moodle.

After an upgrade from 1.7 to 1.8.4 (2007021540) I noticed that modulenameplural shows in place of simple blog.

Under the Activities block, instead of simpleblog I see modulenameplural - The URL of this link is moodle/mod/simpleblog/index.php?id=5

This issue isn't everywhere; if I look in Admin > Modules "moodle/admin/modules.php" I see simpleblog listed there. It doesn't have an icon though.

How do I get modulenameplural to show simpleblog ?

Thanks for your help in advance
Average of ratings: -
I'm a total Moodle newbie. I'm however in charge of upgrading Moodle.

The upgrade was from 1.7 to 1.8.4 (2007021540) and it went fine, everything works fine except that now when I'm on the Blocks Administration page (Administration > Modules > Blocks) I see this message "Incompatible blocks" and it lists these 2: "course_creation" and "quickmail"

The only option I see is to delete the blocks.

I don't see any tables in the database named 'course creation' or 'quickmail'.. The Block table includes a couple rows for these blocks.

Since I'm a newbie Moodle Admin and I haven't really used Moodle as a user I need advice from experienced users and admins on know how to resolve this issue.

Will deleting and re-adding these blocks cause anything to be lost? Both blocks were in use before the upgrade especially course creation.

Thanks

Average of ratings: -