Moodle in English

Posts made in Moodle in English

Moodle in English -> Forum Display live word count when making a post

by b k -

I'm planning on telling students that the need to have a minimum word count for a particular assignment that they are making as a forum post.

When I select show word count in the options, it only shows it after the post is published. Is there a way to show the word count as they type?

Average of ratings: -

Moodle in English -> General help What should I ask for when seeking a volunteer to do admin work? -> Re: What should I ask for when seeking a volunteer to do admin work?

by b k -
Dear Visvanath,

Well, I guess part of me is still not 100% in on the whole Moodle thing. I agree that paid, professional hosting and management is ideal. But at this point we have such a small number of students I can't really justify the expense right now. As I said, there are lots of people involved in our org, especially in IT, so I though I would try to tap that resource.

Thanks everyone!

Moodle in English -> General help What should I ask for when seeking a volunteer to do admin work? -> Re: What should I ask for when seeking a volunteer to do admin work?

by b k -
Thanks! I agree the ability to learn things is critical. But I'm looking for a baseline.

Would you say that they would need to know php to handle things like upgrading and backing up?

In addition to upgrading and backing up, I would say that another issue would be troubleshooting why users aren't able to log in.

by b k -
Thank you! I edited my post to include that our installation is on a shared hosting plan (Dreamhost).

I guess once I had a potential volunteer I would ask them if they felt confident to follow the upgrade instructions https://docs.moodle.org/39/en/Upgrading .