Posts made by Joseph Rézeau

Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

1.- How I test:

Go to quiz, answer question once, then move away. Come back to same question, click inside input box, type "c", "cat" autocomplete appears. See attached screenshot.

2.- Adding the little script after line 412 does the trick, Tim. Maybe should be added to Moodle 1.9 as a fix?

Joseph

Attachment image00.jpg
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Tim,

autocomplete="off" may not be valid HTML, but it does work.smile

echo '<form autocomplete="off" id="responseform" method="post" action="', $quiz->thispageurl . '" enctype="multipart/form-data"' .' onkeypress="return check_enter(event);" accept-charset="utf-8">', "\n";

on the other hand, using JavaScript (as per Moodle 1.9) does not work.sad

echo '<form id="responseform" method="post" action="', $quiz->thispageurl . '" enctype="multipart/form-data"' .' onclick="autocomplete=\'off\'" onkeypress="return check_enter(event);" accept-charset="utf-8">', "\n";

Just tested in moodle 1.9.9 and FireFox.

Joseph

Jim,

autocomplete is a (generally useful) feature of modern browsers. I think it is every user's responsibility to turn that feature ON or OFF at will.

I'm not sure but I think that, in an institution such as a school, university, etc. where a number of different users (students etc.) may use the same physical machine, autocomplete does not work across different users' sessions. It is only if one user comes back to the same machine and identify themselves that they will find the autocomplete feature in their own session.

But I may be wrong.

Joseph

Hi venkatesan,

Thanks for the example (although those velocity and acceleration notions far exceed my modest maths level).

Why not simply create 4 separate MCQ, multiselect questions?

The way the cloze question works at the moment in Moodle I am almost certain it is not possible to have MCQ, multiselect sub-questions in it.

However, the kind of question you want has been asked by other moodlers in the past and Tim is aware of this.

ATB

Joseph