Posts made by Joseph Rézeau

Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Ave Andrew,

I'm afraid you have misunderstood the way the "rate" question works in questionnaire.sad It will certainly not enable the respondent to rate only 5 out of 25 possible choices. It can only enable the respondent to put 25 items in order of preference.

You should use the Check boxes question type, making sure to set both Min. forced responses and Max. forced responses values to 5. If a student submits their responses with less or more than exactly 5 choices, an error message will be displayed.

See attached screenshots.

Hope that helps,

Joseph

screenshot

Attachment image00.jpg
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Clarence,

OK, then your HTML editor problem is not related to the Lesson module. It appears clear to me that the problem arises from your upgrading from Moodle 1.9.9 to a 2.0 version which was not yet stable. Since I guess that is a test site, I suggest doing a brand-new upgrade from your previous1.9.9 site to the very latest Moodle 2.0 (preview 4) version and see what happens.

Joseph

Hi Clarence,
  1. are you getting the "Moodle auto-format" editor instead of the HTML TinyMCE editor in other activities/modules of your Moodle 2.0 site or only in the Lesson module?
  2. Is your Moodle 2.0 site a brand-new installation of Moodle or an upgrade from a previous 1.9.x installation?
  3. Did you first author your lessons in a 1.9.x version or brand-new in Moodle 2.0?
  4. Again, Moodle auto-format does not exist in Moodle 2.0, so I wonder where it came from in your above screenshot!
  5. The link "Manage files used by editor" should not be there either...

My guess is that (2 above) your moodle site is an upgrade from 1.9.x to 2.0, which you did before 2.0 was stable enough and that something went wrong in the upgrade.

Can you confirm this?

Joseph

EDIT.- Probably the other problems you have posted about have their origin in the same 1.9.x -> 2.0 upgrade problem.

Hi Clarence,

PLease only one question per post!wink

Your question #1

"When I tried to edit a Lesson/Question, I found that the only editor that will open is the Moodle Auto Format."

Do you mean when you try to edit the Question text of a Lesson question? (the box which is called "Page contents") or the choices (Answer 1 / Response 1, Answer 2 / Response 2 / etc.) of e.g. a Multiple Choice question ?

"I changed the setting to HTML Editor and saved the file"

I have not idea what you mean here. Please be more explicit and say where you changed that setting.

I don't think "Moodle Auto Format" exists any more. Actually I don't think it ever existed. Where do you see it? Screenshot(s) please.

Joseph