Discussions started by Joseph Rézeau

Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello to all Behat fellow users/sufferers!
This is my 3rd attempt at using Behat on my local Windows Moodle site. First time was a few years ago and I gave up. Second attempt was last year and I finally managed to get it going.
I am trying again, scrupulously following the instructions at Running acceptance tests 
but I am stumped!
Using Windows 11. PHP 8.2.13. WampServer 3.3.3. Moodle 4.3.3+ (Build: 20240215)
1.- I am getting a conflict between geckodriver and selenium-server. When I launch them one after the other, they complain that they cannot use the same port 4444. So I have launched selenium with the -port 4000 param, and it seemss to satisfy both.
It says: INFO [SeleniumServer.boot] - Selenium Server is up and running on port 4000
and geckodriver INFO Listening on 127.0.0.1:4444
2.- I have set up everything as expected in my Moodle config.php file.
3.- When I run php admin/tool/behat/cli/init.php in my local moodle test site, it does create all the behat tables in the database, etc. and it says:
Creating Behat configuration ... done in 8.79 seconds.
Building theme CSS for boost [ltr] ... done in 9.63 seconds.
Building theme CSS for classic [ltr] ... done in 9.72 seconds.
Testing environment themes built
Acceptance tests environment enabled on http://127.0.0.1, to run the tests use:
vendor\bin\behat --config C:\wamp64\www\moodledatatest_behat\behatrun\behat\behat.yml
4.- But when I try vendor\bin\behat --config C:\wamp64\www\moodledatatest_behat\behatrun\behat\behat.yml
nothing happens! no error messages, nothing, after a couple of seconds I am getting the windows prompt back.

Any help welcome...

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

On my test course I need these capabilities for a non-editing teacher role (for some activities):

• allow to view activity
  • prevent to edit activity
  • prevent to edit activity title

I can do all this in the permissions, except that there is no way to stop non-editing teacher role to Edit an activity title... Any suggestions?

Picture of Développeurs Picture of Développeurs de plugins Picture of Moodleurs particulièrement utiles Picture of Testeurs Picture of Traducteurs

Si vous utilisez H5P, activité intégrée à Moodle (icône bleue, dans la banque de questions) et que vous avez un site de test et au moins 2 langues installées, merci de tester ceci avant que je fasse un rapport de bogue.

Dans les paramètres Administration mettre Débogage Messages de débogage debug au minimum sur Normal : afficher les erreurs, avertissements et notices. Et cochez la case Afficher les informations de débogage.

Aller dans la banque de contenus d'un cours bidon, créer un contenu dans une langue, puis basculez dans une autre langue, éditez ce contenu et sauvegardez-le. Vous devriez voir ce genre de message d'erreur:

( ! ) Deprecated: trim(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in SITEMOODLE\h5p\classes\helper.php on line 457
( ! ) Warning: Undefined array key 1 in SITEMOODLE\h5p\classes\helper.php on line 457

Merci de votre aide !

Picture of Développeurs Picture of Développeurs de plugins Picture of Moodleurs particulièrement utiles Picture of Testeurs Picture of Traducteurs

Pour les utilisateurs de H5P qui peuvent installer des contenus non officiels sur leur site Moodle... et qui n'ont pas peur d'expérimenter.

H5P ne fonctionnant plus très bien sur la toute dernière version de Drupal (10), j'ai rapatrié toutes mes bibliothèques H5P sur mon site Joseph's Moodle. Vous y trouverez l'ensemble des bibliothèques 'papi Jo' créées depuis quelques années, plus une nouveauté 2024, une version 'améliorée' de H5P Image Choice. Ce qui fait un total de 7 librairies H5P 'améliorées' plus une librairie entièrement nouvelle.

Vous trouverez sur ce site toutes les explications d'installation, des tutoriels complets et des exemples nombreux. Merci de vos retours.

Et toujours disponible sur mon site 10 "leçons" English for Art History toutes utilisant principalement les bibliothèques H5P 'papi Jo' à titre d'illustration. Merci d'en faire part dans vos institutions à vos collègues intéressés par le sujet pour qu'ils en parlent à leurs élèves.

Average of ratings: Super cool ! (2)