Posts made by Frank Erazo

Moodle version: 2.8.5

We increased the Max Allowed Packet on the CNF file, but I am still not able to backup the course.  It is being skipped.  

I have attached the lengthy message I get with debugging turned on.  I have searched the backup file table for that backup, and I find nothing - it's like it never happened. 

I checked the backup report, and I couldn't help notice that the date and time for the next backup are in the past.  

Is it possible that that is causing the issue?

Attachment Screen Shot 2015-11-11 at 10.14.03 AM.png

Well this is embarrassing...I had pasted it in there, but now it's gone...here it is. I've attached a screen capture in the event it gets washed out... 

Warning: mysqli::query(): MySQL server has gone away in /var/www/html/cahs/moodle/lib/dml/mysqli_native_moodle_database.php on line 1079 Warning: mysqli::query(): Error reading result set's header in /var/www/html/cahs/moodle/lib/dml/mysqli_native_moodle_database.php on line 1079

Error reading from database

More information about this error

Debug info: MySQL server has gone away

SELECT count(r.repositoryid)

FROM c24files f

LEFT JOIN c24files_reference r

ON r.id = f.referencefileid

JOIN c24backup_ids_temp bi

ON f.id = bi.itemid

WHERE bi.backupid = ?

AND bi.itemname = 'filefinal'

[array (

0 => '1112856794f7b8bfce25cde3d6903752',

)]

Error code: dmlreadexception

Stack trace:

line 443 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: dml_read_exception thrown

line 1080 of /lib/dml/mysqli_native_moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->query_end()

line 1476 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: call to mysqli_native_moodle_database->get_records_sql()

line 1549 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->get_record_sql()

line 1759 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->get_field_sql()

line 516 of /backup/util/dbops/backup_controller_dbops.class.php: call to moodle_database->count_records_sql()

line 1821 of /backup/moodle2/backup_stepslib.php: call to backup_controller_dbops::backup_includes_file_references()

line 34 of /backup/util/plan/backup_execution_step.class.php: call to backup_store_backup_file->define_execution()

line 181 of /backup/util/plan/base_task.class.php: call to backup_execution_step->execute()

line 177 of /backup/util/plan/base_plan.class.php: call to base_task->execute()

line 120 of /backup/util/plan/backup_plan.class.php: call to base_plan->execute()

line 320 of /backup/controller/backup_controller.class.php: call to backup_plan->execute()

line 111 of /backup/util/ui/backup_ui.class.php: call to backup_controller->execute_plan()

line 131 of /backup/backup.php: call to backup_ui->execute()

Attachment Screen Shot 2015-11-06 at 4.55.08 PM.png

Moodle in English -> General help -> Backup Issue - Single Course

by Frank Erazo -

Moodle version 2.8.5+

Hello fellow Moodlers.  I am having an issue backing up a single course.  For the past few days, the course has been showing a status of Unfinished.  In some other cases, simply leaving it alone has done the trick. Unfortunately, this has not worked.  In fact, I cannot even run a manual backup of the course. 

Error message
Warning: mysqli::query(): MySQL server has gone away in /var/www/html/cahs/moodle/lib/dml/mysqli_native_moodle_database.php on line 1079 Warning: mysqli::query(): Error reading result set's header in /var/www/html/cahs/moodle/lib/dml/mysqli_native_moodle_database.php on line 1079

Error reading from database

More information about this error
Debug info: MySQL server has gone away
SELECT count(r.repositoryid)
FROM c24files f
LEFT JOIN c24files_reference r
ON r.id = f.referencefileid
JOIN c24backup_ids_temp bi
ON f.id = bi.itemid
WHERE bi.backupid = ?
AND bi.itemname = 'filefinal'
[array (
0 => '1112856794f7b8bfce25cde3d6903752',
)]
Error code: dmlreadexception
Stack trace:

line 443 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: dml_read_exception thrown
    line 1080 of /lib/dml/mysqli_native_moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->query_end()
    line 1476 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: call to mysqli_native_moodle_database->get_records_sql()
    line 1549 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->get_record_sql()
    line 1759 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->get_field_sql()
    line 516 of /backup/util/dbops/backup_controller_dbops.class.php: call to moodle_database->count_records_sql()
    line 1821 of /backup/moodle2/backup_stepslib.php: call to backup_controller_dbops::backup_includes_file_references()
    line 34 of /backup/util/plan/backup_execution_step.class.php: call to backup_store_backup_file->define_execution()
    line 181 of /backup/util/plan/base_task.class.php: call to backup_execution_step->execute()
    line 177 of /backup/util/plan/base_plan.class.php: call to base_task->execute()
    line 120 of /backup/util/plan/backup_plan.class.php: call to base_plan->execute()
    line 320 of /backup/controller/backup_controller.class.php: call to backup_plan->execute()
    line 111 of /backup/util/ui/backup_ui.class.php: call to backup_controller->execute_plan()
    line 131 of /backup/backup.php: call to backup_ui->execute()

Aside from this message, I'm not finding any other errors, so I'm really at a loss as to what I need to do next. 

I would appreciate any insight you may have in helping me get this issue resolved.  Unfortunately, this is affecting only one course.  Oddly enough, it is the largest course.  It's previous backup files (mbz) were 6.4 GB in size.  The next biggest course backup file was 3 GB.

I have attached a copy of the information from the backup logs (mdl_backup_logs table). 
Average of ratings: -

Moodle in English -> General help -> Replace Problem

by Frank Erazo -

Moodle version: 2.8.7

Brand new Moodle instance.  We migrated a ton of courses via backup and restore.  The courses were originally on a 2.2 version.  Those courses were then restored to a Development server 2.8.7. From there, the courses were backed up and restored to the final production site (also 2.8.7).

We recently discovered that the quizzes had images in them, and now they are broken links.  After doing some digging, I found out that the images were broken when they were restored to the Development server.  So, they came to the production site with broken images.  On the development site, I ran the /admin/tool/replace/index.php, and that worked!  All the images on the Development site were "put back". No error messages received.

After backing up the courses, I ran the same replacement script on the Development site.  Nothing changed.  The only error messages received were the following:

I can't help but think this is the problem, and the reason the replacement is not working.  These error messages DID NOT appear on the development side. 

Debugging has been turned on for both sites, but it has revealed nothing.  Any insight on what we could possibly check would be greatly appreciated.  

Thank you fellow Moodlers. 

Average of ratings: -