Popup to confirm end of exam

Popup to confirm end of exam

by Tieku Bortei-Doku -
Number of replies: 7

Is there a way to add a pop-up at the end of an exam to confirm you want to end when you click on "Submit all and finish", just as there is a pop-up to confirm you want to begin a timed exam?

Tieku

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tieku Bortei-Doku

Re: Popup to confirm end of exam

by Linda Fitzgerald -
The timed exams I've develop pop up a window that explains that this is a times exam - are you sure you want to start. Also, at the end, if the student wishes to submit all another window pops up that tells them that if they choose to end, they may not go back to the test. I think it says something to the effect that you are about to close this attempt and may not go back.

Is this what you're looking for?
In reply to Linda Fitzgerald

by Tieku Bortei-Doku -

Linda,

Yes, this is exactly what I am looking for. Can you send me what you did?

Thanks.

Tieku

by Linda Fitzgerald -
I didn't do anything - it just worked that way from the beginning. No code modifications at all. The test is timed and when I hit to submit it gives me that message. No magic.

by Tieku Bortei-Doku -

Maybe it's the version of Moodle because i think i remember seeing it with earlier versions but now not with 1.9 which i am using.

What version are you using?

by Linda Fitzgerald -
I'm on version 1.9 too. Strange?????

by Tieku Bortei-Doku -

Linda,

I installed a separate copy 1.9 from scratch and it works! So it is not the version. Thanks for your help.

It must have something to do with a number of hacks i have had to do. I would still like to know whether someone knows the file, function and lines i should check that controls this.

by Tieku Bortei-Doku -

I tried in 1.8 and i got the popup message i am looking for. Can anyone tell me why this must be not working in 1.9. or what file, funtion and line(s) controls this?