Allow me to be BCC'd on email

Allow me to be BCC'd on email

by Brian Lecorchick -
Number of replies: 10
Is it possible for me to edit any of the config files to place my email address into the BCC field so I get a copy of all emails automatically generated by the system?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Brian Lecorchick

Re: Allow me to be BCC'd on email

by Ray Lawrence -
Would simply subscribing to all forums achieve the same thing?
In reply to Ray Lawrence

by Brian Lecorchick -
No, I'm specifically wanting to be notified when a student registers for a course and the verification email is sent.

by W Page -
Hi Brian,

So you mean you as the teacher want to receive an e-mail when a student registers for your course or posts to a forum in your course. Not just the admin?

I had not realized that before because I am setting up the site, so, I am the Admin.

WP1
In reply to W Page

by Ralph Blakeslee -
This would be usefull, especially for Moodlers who are running courses that are on going for a period of time. 
In reply to W Page

by Brian Lecorchick -
What I would like to do is have all confirmation emails BCC'd to a specific email address as a record of  enrollment. I've looked at the code in the send_confirmation_email function in the moodlelib.php file, and I think I can do it there but I'm not a php programmer (I know ASP).

Any help would be appreciated.

by Brian Lecorchick -
Am I on the right track? Anyone?

by W Page -
Hi Bryan,

You need to put this in as a bug report.  Bug reports are also the place to put in feature requests.  You can do that here,
http://moodle.org/bugs/

I think you will have support for this.  As I indicated above, I do not think that most folks (because so many are admins of their sites) realize the instructors do not receive any of the initial e-mails when a student registers for a course.  Also, I can see the need for a special registration "catch all" address (easier record keeping)  .I think it would be a good feature to have and should be an option for the Admin to grant.

It is my understanding that in the future Admins will be able to specify more exactly what specific subAdmins and instructors may and may not do on a site as well.

WP1
In reply to W Page

by Brian Lecorchick -
Will do, thanks for the information.

by Jason Hardin -
Does anyone else see value in this still for Moodle 1.9 or 2.0. I am looking at whether to add this for a client to a custom enrollment module or to enhance core to allow bccing of teachers and administrators for the course.

We will probably go the route of updating our enrollment plugin rather than modifying core if no other Moodle users see value in this addition.
In reply to Jason Hardin

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

I think there is value - I've already implemeted a hack to achieve this, but I'd prefer that is was an configurable option smile