Powerpoint Presentation "Resource" Problem

Powerpoint Presentation "Resource" Problem

by Christopher Stewart -
Number of replies: 5

I had a question about Powerpoint Resource files.

I noticed in the Moodle Documentation Project (Course)

That the Powerpoint presentations (in Topic Box 2: Other Miscelleanous Documentation) only displays a blank page?

I am having this same difficulty on my Moodle site - And I can't show the 15 Pwrpoints I sent Matt yesterday!

Also having trouble with uploading files from the Resource "Choose or Upload a File" option - Works fine from "Files"?

The URL for the area I'm referring to is: http://moodle.org/course/view.php?id=29 

I don't seem to have any difficulties with any other file types? (except for the upload from the Resource process)

Also, Just downloaded / installed our Moodle version last week.

Any suggestions!?  thanks in advance!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Christopher Stewart

Re: Powerpoint Presentation "Resource" Problem

by Tim Williams -
Picture of Plugin developers
Why not get hold of OpenOffice and use it to convert the powerpoint files to Macromedia flash format ? It's much more friendly for web users and usually smaller too.
In reply to Tim Williams

by Art Lader -
> Why not get hold of OpenOffice and use it
> to convert the powerpoint files to Macromedia
> flash format ?

That is good advice. You lose the cool transitions, though. (I consider that a plus, actually.)

-- Art
In reply to Art Lader

by Christopher Stewart -
Well, I found the answer - If using Windows Office XP you have to be on SP3 and it works perfectly. Thank you so much for your response !
In reply to Art Lader

by Christopher Stewart -
Well, I found the answer - If using Windows Office XP you have to be on SP3 and it works perfectly. Thank you so much for your response !
In reply to Christopher Stewart

by Anne Nicolson -

Hi can I just clarify the powerpoint problem. Today I was uploading powerpoint presentations to our moodle site and I had a similar problem. When I clicked to see the presentation from within moodle something downloaded but I only saw a black page.

At one point I was asked if I wanted to open or save the file. Clicking open gave me the black page, while clicking save worked. This 'choice' is probably too much for my students to cope with!

If its the same prob I'll talk to the IT people and get office XP service pack 3 installed.

Thanks

Anne