Grader Report -- names disappear when scrolling

Grader Report -- names disappear when scrolling

by Denise Trujillo -
Number of replies: 1
Hi all,
I'm very new to Moodle, and am trying to help a teacher here in Alaska.

The question she has asked is: How can I make the list of student names stay on the screen as I scroll right across the entries in the gradebook?

Is there a way to "freeze" that column like you can do in a spreadsheet so it is easier to know which grade belongs to which student?

Thanks for any info you can give me,

In reply to Denise Trujillo

Re: Grader Report -- names disappear when scrolling

by Floyd Saner -
Denise,

At this time there is no way to freeze the grade book name column. That was one of the frequently requested improvements at the San Francisco Moodle Moot last week. I believe that feature will be added at some time.

For now you have a couple options,

1) If the graded items are organized into categories, you can collapse an entire category by clicking on the small boxed icon just to the right of the category name.

2) You can rearrange the order of graded items so the item you want to grade appears next to the name column. In the upper left corner of the grade book is a drop list titled 'Choose an action'. Click on that list and select "Edit"... "Categories and items". In the view that appears, each category and each item will have a small 'move' icon (two vertical arrows) located to the right of the name or title. Click the move icon and then click in the dotted box at the top of the list. Go back to the grade book and the item you moved should appear to the right of the names column.

Floyd Saner