Backup/Restore Courses - Loosing users

Backup/Restore Courses - Loosing users

by Ronaldo Carvalho -
Number of replies: 2

Hi all,

I´m making a course backup (v1.8) and restore (v1.9), all process are working well, without any error.

After finished the restore process I checked and compared the two Moodle sites, and I'm loosing some users.

The users are inside the backup file but aren't restored to the new site. This behavior occurs at every course that I made a backup.

What I'm doing wrong? There are any tip?

Thanks for any help.

Ronaldo

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ronaldo Carvalho

Re: Backup/Restore Courses - Loosing users

by Ronaldo Carvalho -
Hi,

I'm answering my own question, I'm still without restoring all users, but I have more details about the error.

Setting Moodle with debug messages I got the messages below when was restoring the users.

What I need to do to solve this problem? Any sugestion?

Regards,

Ronaldo Carvalho

=====< Starting HTML page from the restore process >=====

Criando usuários
. . . . .
ERROR: value too long for type character varying(20)

INSERT INTO mdl_user ( ID, AUTH, CONFIRMED, POLICYAGREED, DELETED, MNETHOSTID, USERNAME, PASSWORD, FIRSTNAME, LASTNAME, EMAIL, EMAILSTOP, ICQ, SKYPE, YAHOO, AIM, MSN, PHONE1, PHONE2, INSTITUTION, DEPARTMENT, ADDRESS, CITY, COUNTRY, LANG, THEME, TIMEZONE, FIRSTACCESS, LASTACCESS, LASTLOGIN, CURRENTLOGIN, LASTIP, SECRET, PICTURE, URL, DESCRIPTION, MAILFORMAT, MAILDIGEST, MAILDISPLAY, HTMLEDITOR, AJAX, AUTOSUBSCRIBE, TRACKFORUMS, TIMEMODIFIED, IDNUMBER ) VALUES ( 23, 'manual', 1, 0, 0, 1, '68918780206', 'ca0cd09a12abade3bf0777574d9f987f', 'MÁRCIA', 'ALVES PEREIRA', 'arciap@hotmail.com', 0, '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', 'RO-ALTA FLORESTA D OESTE', 'BR', 'pt_br_utf8', '', '3.0', 0, 1206032122, 1203087385, 1206031989, '10.10.1.2', '', 0, '', '', 1, 0, 2, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, '' )
  • line 1554 of lib/dmllib.php: call to debugging()
  • line 2535 of backup/restorelib.php: call to insert_record()
  • line 7537 of backup/restorelib.php: call to restore_create_users()
  • line 47 of backup/restore_execute.html: call to restore_execute()
  • line 168 of backup/restore.php: call to include_once()

=====< Ending HTML page from the restore process >=====

In reply to Ronaldo Carvalho

Re: Backup/Restore Courses - Loosing users

by Ronaldo Carvalho -
Hi,

I checked the database and compare the fields into insert sql command against the database fields definitions.

There are different sizes of fields from one old version to the newest version.

Changed the definitions into the database, all work well.