Show only one topic / Show all topics

Show only one topic / Show all topics

by Fermin Rubio -
Number of replies: 4
Is there any way to unable this option? I want all topics are visible because any guest can change this option.

Thanks

Fermín
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Fermin Rubio

Re: Show only one topic / Show all topics

by j bittner -
I know of one way to do this. Add to the css file:

table.topics td.right {
display: none;
}

In reply to j bittner

by Cindy Weber -

Where is that css file? 

Also...I tried to change the setting in Site Administration-Appearance-Themes-Theme settings-allow users to hide blocks.  It didn't work for this.  I was hoping for a setting rather than a hack.

So...thank you for the info.  My students are all using the same user name and password and the topics are getting closed up.

Cindy

In reply to Cindy Weber

by Edward Beckmann -
Hi Cindy

You may have got a solution, but if you haven't:
  1. read about themes and the css moodle uses elsewhere in the moodle docs. This is because there are three stylesheets as standard, and (depending on how you do it), three more for the theme that you have if not standard moodle. That documentation is really clear.
  2. if you hide the right column, in edit mode you are then restricted because a lot of the controls that people who actually lay out the page use, also live there. The simplest solution I have found is to take the two graphics 'one.gif' and 'all.gif', which are currently white squares with a black border. Make them transparent in your favourite graphics package. They will then be invisible to everyone, but those who know can hover over the place they live, see the pointer change and still use them.
Hope that helps

Ed
In reply to Edward Beckmann

by Cindy Weber -

I found the box gif in pix/i/one.gif.  I made it transparent in adobe fireworks.  I swapped it out.  Hopefully, I have attached the transparent square. 

It worked perfectly.  Ed..you are a genious!  Thank you!

Cindy

Attachment one.gif