Scheduler Release 11 (2008061700) fixes critical bug on group appointment

Scheduler Release 11 (2008061700) fixes critical bug on group appointment

by Valery Fremaux -
Number of replies: 3

Groups appointments are now OK, student and teacher side.

Fixes 1.8 / 1.9 incompatibility on groups_get_members(). This groups related API entry causes backportability issue to 1.8.

All branches fixed in CVS/Contrib.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Valery Fremaux

standard feature?

by Amy Skezas -
Valery, do you think Scheduler will ever be made a part of "standard" Moodle? As one of the Moodle "bug fixers" for Scheduler I am wondering if you know anything about this possiblity.

Thanks,
Amy
In reply to Amy Skezas

Re: standard feature?

by Valery Fremaux -

I'm sorry not, I have no idea. I think this would be the result of an explicit and unanimous vote of the community for this to happen. I know that core teem is not willing integrating tons of new modules in the standard set because they would have to manage stability and take part in maintenance. Maybe if sufficiant voices are shouting for the opportunity may it increase this consideration.

Note that I will soon make more enhancements to this module : we need having it to shedule not only face-to-face meetings, but online meetings. The extension feature will add a way to define what for the scheduling is used, and be able to record an URL to a online meeting access point.

Cheers.

In reply to Valery Fremaux

Re: standard feature?

by John Ewens -
Hi Valery,
I really like this module and we will be looking at implementing it in tandem with the PLP module this coming academic year.

Just want to ask one thing - do you know if it will push to the MyMoodle page in any future versions? Or how this could be achieved?

Look forward to the new features.

Cheers.

John.