Referring to uploaded files

Referring to uploaded files

by Russ Abbott -
Number of replies: 2

How do I refer to an upload a file? 

Let's say I'm editing a journal, an html resource, a glosary entry, a wiki page (I downloaded and installed version 1.4.dev with wikis), etc. and I want to refer from one of these pages to an uploaded file.  What do I put on the page?  (Assume for example, that the uploaded file is a .pdf file and I want clicking the link to open the file.)

If I want my users to be able to enter such links, what is the easiest way for them to do it? 

Thanks.

-- Russ

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Russ Abbott

Re: Referring to uploaded files

by W Page -
Hello Russ,

Check out the following,

Moodle Teacher Manual by Matt Riordan
PDF version(6Mb)
ZIP of PDF version(4.10Mb) [Temporary]
Word version(13Mb)

The Manual is primarily for v1.3x, however, the upload and link instructions will be the same.

WP1

In reply to W Page

Re: Referring to uploaded files

by Russ Abbott -

Thanks that did it.  In fact, I had done that in the past and then forgot and didn't know how to find the information.  We really need a good overall index for the documentation.  Perhaps when v1.4 is out we can build a good documentation wiki.  Actually, I thought I saw the beginning of one somewhere, but now I can't find it.  (That seems to be a problem.  There isn't a good way of searching the entire site.)  I found a Developer Wiki, but I thought there was user manual wiki--at least the beginning of one.

-- Russ