RPC auth/mnet/user_authorise:ERROR 0:0: problem again

RPC auth/mnet/user_authorise:ERROR 0:0: problem again

by Valery Fremaux -
Number of replies: 2

Hi requiring help for that time to time reappearing issue.

I'm using two moodle sites in 1.9.1 version.

The first setting with the two moodle on the same server connects fine. Mnet session is passing through OK.

I changed one of the moodles and ported it to a distinct host, without changing configuration (just bulk replace of absolute URL prefix in database).

Configuration was checked and the translated moodle works fine with internal accounts.

All attempts of remote users from the first moodle now fail on the above error.

Checking deeper in the code : it results that the curl_exec() query returns no data, although reply status is ok. Here is the resulting curl_info :

Array ( [url] => http://moodletest.recherche.cergy.eisti.fr/portal_194/mnet/xmlrpc/server.php [content_type] => text/xml; charset=utf-8 [http_code] => 200 [header_size] => 622 [request_size] => 210 [filetime] => -1 [ssl_verify_result] => 0 [redirect_count] => 0 [total_time] => 0.065376 [namelookup_time] => 0.003168 [connect_time] => 0.006784 [pretransfer_time] => 0.006819 [size_upload] => 3635  [speed_upload] => 55601  [upload_content_length] => 3635 [starttransfer_time] => 0.007664 [redirect_time] => 0 )

Did I missed something ? What could be wrong and make me loose answer from the remote host ? 

Other info : direct connectivity is OK (getting wget queries to remote server), curl libs are OK.

Please help on that point...

Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Valery Fremaux

Re: RPC auth/mnet/user_authorise:ERROR 0:0: problem again => answering myself

by Valery Fremaux -

Problem identified as holding an old key on caller host. Called host had renewed its key.

The issue is that the curl_exec() call returns without any notice, responding with no data.

This cause the caller system to assume remote did not answered at all.

My problem now is : how to get rid of that obsolete key recorded in the caller ?

I tied to delete the remote nost record and renew it. It seems the new record keeps the old key !! even after making a new key exchange !! 

If someones has a sideway procedure...

In reply to Valery Fremaux

Re: RPC auth/mnet/user_authorise:ERROR 0:0: problem again => answering myself

by Luke Hudson -
Hi there. I'm not sure I understand the problem correctly.
Can you not go to:
Admin menu -> Networking -> Peers
and paste in a new key?

Or, alternatively, on the caller, Admin -> Networking -> Settings , and choose "Delete Key"?

As I said, I'm not sure I understand the problem properly.
Also, is it possible that MDL-15008 is relevant?

Cheers,
-- Luke