Diffference between draft and final submission

Diffference between draft and final submission

by Grant Beevers -
Number of replies: 4
Hi folks,

Have been using the advanced assignment submission feature and have a question about the difference between draft and final submission.
Is there anyway I can tell the difference between a full submission and a draft submission - there doesn't seem to be a flag/label that differentiates the two?

Thanks,
Grant
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Grant Beevers

Re: Diffference between draft and final submission

by Lesli Smith -
The only way I know of is to direct students to label their drafts as such. See pic with specific directions for one of my assignments. In very loose observation, I'd say that the final drafts loaded most often to the far right, but I could be wrong. Hope this helps.

Attachment Picture_10.png
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Grant Beevers

by Ann Adamcik -
What version are you using? In 1.9.1 (and I think 1.8.x), the submission is labeled Draft until the student hits 'Send for marking'.
In reply to Ann Adamcik

by Grant Beevers -
Thanks Ann. I am using 1.9.x and can't recall seeing it, but will recheck and get back to you.
In reply to Ann Adamcik

by Lesli Smith -
True, but it depends on how messy your drafting process is and how many drafts you allow for upload. I've found that I can't just rely on the "send for marking" trigger as there are always a few students who hit it early. See this discussion.

In truth, I don't have 100% success with students following my labeling directions either, but it worked pretty well in a pinch when I needed to have a multiple submission assignment going and couldn't always get to grading/giving feedback for all drafts before the next draft deadline (I have interim peer feedback sessions that help to ease that feedback load a bit).