Custom pix folder

Custom pix folder

by Geof Duncan -
Number of replies: 4
Is there a list somewhere of the "new" images added to the \pix\ and \mod\ folders?

I noticed a couple of missing gifs in one of my custompix themes. So, I did a comparison of folders and discovered a lot of new filetypes and some newer pix in "t" as well.

Theme developers beware!

-Geof
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Geof Duncan

Re: Custom pix folder

by Geof Duncan -
Oops... I meant to add my list of files in my own custom pix folder. I've also come to realize that I have a lot of pix in here that are no longer used, but, I figure it's better to have more than is required than be short an image.

Attached is a tree diagram of my own pix folder after moving images from /pix/ and /mod/ where necessary. I think I've got them all...
In reply to Geof Duncan

by Geof Duncan -
And last but not least... I decided to pull together all of the png, jpg, and gif from /pix/ and /mod/. I've posted a zip archive of all of the stock images required for a complete custompix folder in moodle 1.9.1 at www.ibiblio.org/gdunc/custompix.zip. Kind of answered my own question, didn't I?

-Geof
In reply to Geof Duncan

by Shane Elliott -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Geof,

There is also the smartpix setting in 1.9 which will help with missing icons.
Site Administration >> Miscellaneous >> Experimental >> smartpix

Cheers,
Shane.
In reply to Shane Elliott

by Geof Duncan -
Shane,

Thanks for that, I had discovered smartpix and have used it when I realized there were missing icons, but, as it states in the admin section itself... "This reduces the need to duplicate image files within themes, but has a slight performance cost." It's that slight performance cost I'm trying to avoid.

BTW for anyone else interested in comparing what files/images or even code is different, I'd endorse using WinMerge (http://winmerge.org/) to compare the two directories or files.

Helped me figure out what was different/same and reconcile my own theme.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)