Problem with NWiki (script busy or stopped)

Problem with NWiki (script busy or stopped)

by Josep M. Fontana -
Number of replies: 3
We are experiencing a strange problem. When someone tries to edit a wiki entry, s/he gets a message window that says "A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger or let the script continue.

If you click on the 'debug script' button, nothing happens.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Josep M. Fontana

Re: Problem with NWiki (script busy or stopped)

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Ein???
This sound like a Javascript error. What version of nwiki are you using exactly Josep Maria?
L.
In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

Re: Problem with NWiki (script busy or stopped)

by Josep M. Fontana -
Thanks Ludo and Mauno,

In response to Ludo's question: Last version AFAIK.

The scenario is the one Mauno describes: the wiki in question was created copying and pasting from Excel. The thing is, I've checked the code and there is no JavaScript. It's all HTML tags. I've changed the parameters in about:config in Firefox as he suggests in the thread he points to and this doesn't seem to fix the problem.

It doesn't appear to be a problem strictly with NWiki, though. I created another wiki using the same original Excel file and cutting and pasting it to another wiki, this time using OUWiki and I have the same problem. OUWiki, though, does show a message when you click on 'debug script'. The message is:

"Database problem: Duplicate entry 'garcia' for key 2 (code OUWIKI-ouwiki.php/1613)"

Which I cannot make sense of.

I'm attaching a text file with the HTML code involved.