problems with Nwiki 1.7, please help us !

by lea virgile -
Number of replies: 7
Hello,

we need help to solve problem after installing Nwiki.

We use Moodle 1.7 (we cannot upgrade for now because of technical issues with the server) and we installed the corresponding Nwiki for 1.7

Here are the problems I'd like to solve :
- is there a french version, or should we translate it all by ourselves ?
- the CamelCase filter doesn't work, the wiki doesn't make automatik links when we type a WikiWord. I couldn't find a parameter to fix this
- when I use the "differences" fonctiun or the "highlight differences" function (in the history page, to comparate two versions), the text comes with <br/>, and special caracters in place of accents (see screen image)

can you help us to fix this ?

thanxs a lot
v

Attachment Image_1.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to lea virgile

Re: problems with Nwiki 1.7, please help us !

by lea virgile -
Nobody can help me ? I had no answer and
we are in trouble with our Nwiki installation...

by lea virgile - Thursday, 12 June 2008, 06:05 PM

Hello,

we need help to solve problem after installing Nwiki.

We use Moodle 1.7 (we cannot upgrade for now because of technical issues with the server) and we installed the corresponding Nwiki for 1.7

Here are the problems I'd like to solve :
- is there a french version, or should we translate it all by ourselves ?
- the CamelCase filter doesn't work, the wiki doesn't make automatik links when we type a WikiWord. I couldn't find a parameter to fix this
- when I use the "differences" fonctiun or the "highlight differences" function (in the history page, to comparate two versions), the text comes with <br/>, and special caracters in place of accents (see screen image)

can you help us to fix this ?

thanxs a lot
In reply to lea virgile

by Andrew Zaffke -
There is a language pack that you can download. I haven't studied French or any other spoken language in years so I'm not sure how well it works, but you could try it out and see.
Here is the link to the zipped file from Ludo (Marc Alier)'s site.
I haven't been too successful in playing around with the rest of Nwiki to help with the other problems but good luck.
In reply to lea virgile

by Jordi Piguillem -
Hi Lea,

We don't support CamelCase links, I'm sorry...

It's probably a bug. I don't it is solved in newer version, I'll check it.

DFWikiTeam, Pigui
In reply to Jordi Piguillem

by lea virgile -
thanx for your answer.

- I'm surprised CamelCase links are not supported, my previous wikis in moodle don't work anymore as all the navigation was made with those links.
How are we supposed to upgrade to nwiki if we loose all our previous work ? Is there a way to solve this problem ?

- for the problem with the "differences" fonctiun (in the history page, to comparate two versions) I've just check in the Nwiki Demo Sandbox : the accents are ok. But there are still html code appearing (see attachment). Makes things difficult to compare the texts... Any hope that this will be fixed ?

- we have installed the lang pack, thanks for the ling. But lots of words are not translated. We are going to do the translation and then send the complete version, it may be usefull for others

LV
Attachment Image_2.png
In reply to lea virgile

by Jordi Piguillem -
Hi Lea,

* Migration process from ewiki to nwiki will transform CamelCaseLinks to CamelCaseLinks, so you'll not lose all your work.

* Problems in differences will be fixed ASAP.

* We will be waiting for your translation, thank you. (The one we have is more than one year old)

DFWikiTeam, Pigui
In reply to Jordi Piguillem

Re: french translation for Nwiki

by lea virgile -
we made a french translation for Nwiki, how should I transmit it ? as an attachment in this forum ? or should I send it to somebody in particular ?