Problems with session-timeout

Problems with session-timeout

by Thomas Speck -
Number of replies: 2
 I just got a kind of angry call from one of my tutors. He had just dumped over three hours of work, because he had typed all this time his evaluation of the students work, and after he had filled in all of them, he send them to the server, which, unfortunately had timed out his session, so all his work went down the drain. From this dereives my question:

Is it possible to get the login-page when something like this happens and afterward send the data to the server?

Ciao, Thomas
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Thomas Speck

Re: Problems with session-timeout

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Well, at first glance that would be very difficult to do securely ... you couldn't store the data in the session because that doesn't exist ... you'd need to write it to the database (without knowing who it was from), then start a new session, then somehow reconnect the data with the user. Hard problem. sad

What I do in these cases is log in, then use the Back button in my browser, and re-submit.  Mozilla keeps all the form data in the form.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

Re: Problems with session-timeout

by Thomas Speck -
This solution should work, since the tutor in question also uses Mozilla. Thanks for the hint. He was aware, that it was mostly his fault, but loosing 3 hours of work is kind of hard.