eChalk vs Moodle

eChalk vs Moodle

by Dallas Ray Smetter -
Number of replies: 2
Our school district has been using Moodle for 2.5 years (since I arrived here), and I have been supporting it for many org's for longer than that.

I was recently hit up by salesfolk for eChalk

http://www.echalk.com

It was really nice to answer "We already have that" after they pointed out a long list of features.

"We already do that with Moodle"
"Yes, our teachers do online lesson planning"
"Yes, Moodle has collaboration tools"
"Yes, our students and teachers have online file storage in Moodle"
"We have a custom role for parents. It allows them to login and see pertinent areas"

It was a hoot.

Thanks to Martin, the Moodle core team, and the entire community.

Their product would have cost us tens of thousands of dollars per year.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dallas Ray Smetter

Re: eChalk vs Moodle

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Dallas - I'm glad to hear that you are having fun with salesfolk and even happier that Moodle has been able to meet your needs. I appreciate it when folks share their experiences with the community. Sometimes it is tempting to focus on the negative experiences, problems, bugs, etc. that we can forget to share our positive experiences of when we are proud to call ourselves Moodlers. Thanks for reminding me of the importance of sharing our successes and moments of Moodle-euphoria. I just got back from the San Francisco Moot and am enjoying a bit of euphoria myself as it was great to be with such positive minded and dedicated folks working together to influence the world by making education more easily accessible to so many. It was reassuring to be in such good company. Peace - Anthony
In reply to Dallas Ray Smetter

Re: eChalk vs Moodle

by Tiffany Morgan -
I realize you posted this a few months ago, but I would interested in knowing how you handle your online file storage for teachers and students via Moodle.