Backup / Restore of Latest Stable Moodle 1.9.1+

Backup / Restore of Latest Stable Moodle 1.9.1+

by Achim Schlaugies -
Number of replies: 2
Hi,

I am not sure if I am the only one who is facing that problem:

Backup and Restore are simply not working and producing this kind of error messages:

README $Id: README.txt,v 1.2 2003/04/29 21:09:26 stronk7 Exp $ ---------- This directory contains my try to create a backup/recover admin option to moodle. I don't know when and how it'll be finished, but I'going to try it, sure. Some day, if this is fully functional, it could be integrated into the main Moodle distribution (ask uncle Martin). smile

Thanks for any help. I think I might roll back to an earlier version in the meanhile.

Regards
Achim
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Achim Schlaugies

Re: Backup / Restore of Latest Stable Moodle 1.9.1+

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Achim,

Are you using Moodle 1.8, 1.9, 2.0 ? - also, please provide more information about the errors you are receiving, as the post above doesn't seem to contain them - have you turned debugging on to show all errors?

Also it sounds like you have customised the backup/restore code, have you tried using a clean install of Moodle?

thanks,

smile

Dan
In reply to Dan Marsden

Re: Backup / Restore of Latest Stable Moodle 1.9.1+

by Achim Schlaugies -
Hi Dan,
thanks for your reply. My details are:

- Moodle 1.9.1 Download from beginning of June and middle of Mai, always latest built
- The errors I recevived where two fold:
1) latest version of moodle 1.9.1 from June, had error message when doing a restore => An error has occurred and the restore could not be completed!
2) Latest Version of moodle 1.9.1 from middle May I got this message:

README $Id: README.txt,v 1.2 2003/04/29 21:09:26 stronk7 Exp $ ---------- This directory contains my try to create a backup/recover admin option to moodle. I don't know when and how it'll be finished, but I'going to try it, sure. Some day, if this is fully functional, it could be integrated into the main Moodle distribution (ask uncle Martin). smile

In order to avoid conflicts with the DimDim module I created a complete new course which I do not need to backup / restore without DimDim module. With that config backup / restore work without problem, because I can skip that DimDim course completely (workaround).

At the moment I am working with version 1.9.1 from middle of April. This works fine so far, also backup and restore (using the workaround).

The DimDim module has some backup and restore code. When installing the module, you are asked if you like to overwrite : /bb/BB5.5_to_moodle.xsl / /bb/BB5.5_to_moodle.xsl which are some backup routines I guess.

That is what I dicovered for the moment. Please let me know if you need more info.
Best Regards
Achim

PS: Debugging was off. Thanks for the hint... smile