config and database connections please

Re: config and database connections please

by Mrs. Kaltenberg MAK -
Number of replies: 0

I've tried to install from my hosting company to no avail.  It's my preference to install from my pc if possible.  I did follow your advice and reinstalled using www.goohio.com/moodle.

I ran into a couple of different issues and errors, and managed to work those out, however I'm still running into the same problem:

Error: Moodle could not connect to the database.

It's possible the database itself is just not working at the moment.

The admin should also check that the database details have been correctly specified in config.php

Database host: localhost
Database name: moodle
Database user: root

Perhaps if I could better understand:  does the software I downloaded from the above site have the appropriate database created already?  Where is it located?  And shouldn't the software already know where to look for it?  Okay, if I need to create a database, where would be the most appropriate place to put it so it's found?  Do I need to make any changes to config.php in respect to the location of the database?  Does want to refer to a uploaded database or localhost?

I'm sorry I don't mean to be so obtuse...this has been challenging, however I usually manage to work through things okay...maybe a little more understanding of the process would help troubleshooting.  I have read the forum's with regard to the file referencing etc, so I understand that much.  Thx so much for your help.  M-