Restored course now lives in my front page main menu

Restored course now lives in my front page main menu

by Steven Ouellette -
Number of replies: 4
The Subject says it all...I tried to restore a course for the summer term. I had to increase the settings in backup.php and restore.php. I restored the course and now the entire course is stuck in the Main Menu on the front page.

Help?

Take a look here: http://www.csscu.com/cms/
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steven Ouellette

Re: Restored course now lives in my front page main menu

by Susan Montgomery -
We just did the very same thing! We also lost our admin menu, etc.
I ended up restoring Moodle from a back up copy from a few weeks back (just the files under C:moodle\ not the database) then going into the front page and deleting all the course files. Then our usual front page came back up.
In reply to Susan Montgomery

by Steven Ouellette -
Thanks Susan - glad to hear it is not just me.

Hypothesis: I was restoring the class and chose to restore into an existing course and typed the course ID before this happened. Could you have done that too? The class restored all right when I restored to a new course.

Also, I am not sure how to delete the course files from the front page as you describe. How do you accomplish this? Is it something in the Front Page settings?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!!
In reply to Steven Ouellette

by Susan Montgomery -
Well, I wasn't the person who restored over the front page, LOL! So I don't know how he did it. I went to front page, and went under questions and deleted everything there. That cleared it up.
In reply to Susan Montgomery

by Steven Ouellette -
Thanks Susan,

I deleted all students from the Front Page, deleted all the files, and had no questions, but I still have the course content show up in the Main Menu.

I even upgraded to the latest release, though I am using the same database. Somehow I need to delete the course structure information out of wherever the Main Menu is looking to get its content...

Grr...what a weird thing to happen. Any ideas are appreciated! For now I have taken the Main Menu off of the front page.