Annoying automatic links

Annoying automatic links

by Vicki Taylor -
Number of replies: 1

I had created one wiki for group 1 and wanted another two for two other groups. I exported the wiki to a temporary course then imported it back in twice. So now I had three wikis, each one identical. EXCEPT – when I look at a web page I had created in the same course I found it had now a link over the word ‘group’ to a wiki (one that I had copied). This happened everywhere that I had used the word ‘group’. Whether it was in a wiki (it even linked back to itself!) or a web page.

To solve the problem I had to delete all of the copies. I’m in the process of doing each one manually now and just copying the code across, hopefully that’ll work.

If anyone knows what I did wrong or if they've got a better solution I'd love to hear from you!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Vicki Taylor

Re: Annoying automatic links

by Vicki Taylor -
Silly me!  I found out why it wasn't working properly.  I had originally named the wiki 'group 1' and moodle had then assumed that the first wiki page for that wiki would be called 'group'.  Then, everytime I typed the word 'group' in my site it thought I was linking to the wiki page.  To fix it, I deleted them and named all of my wiki pages something I wasn't going to use in my site - something like 'why we talk (group1)'.