Allow teachers to unenrol/remove students from coures w/o seeing all site users

Allow teachers to unenrol/remove students from coures w/o seeing all site users

by Lamar James -
Number of replies: 5
In our installation we do NOT allow teachers to assign roles in their courses, because this feature exposes the entire list of all site users and their emails (in the list of potential users to add to their course) to all teachers.

The fact that a person is authorized to teach one course, should not give them access to all students' names and emails.

Therefore, teachers can enroll students to their course only by giving them the Enrollment Key.

However, this permission setting does not provide a way for teachers to unenrol or remove a student from their course, and the only way they can do it now is by requesting an Admin to remove a student from a course.

Is there a way to allow teachers to remove students from their course, without letting them see the entire list of all students on the site?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lamar James

Re: Allow teachers to unenrol/remove students from coures w/o seeing all site users

by Andrés Vélez -
I have a similar problem, but I am an admin. How do I unenrol students all students from a course??

Any help will be appreciated.
In reply to Andrés Vélez

Re: Allow teachers to unenrol/remove students from coures w/o seeing all site users

by Art Lader -
Hi, Andrés,

Do you want to reset the course? -- http://docs.moodle.org/en/Reset_course

-- Art
In reply to Art Lader

by Andrés Vélez -
well wasn't really thinking on it.. but yes... it could be. I will check the docs and anything will contact you. Just a quickly, Do grades get erased when reseting a course?
In reply to Andrés Vélez

by Art Lader -
Yes, they do get erased, I believe. Anyone want to confirm that?

-- Art
In reply to Art Lader

by Ann Gardner -

In most databases or management systems we use, grades do get erased.  What benefit would it be to reset the course?

Ann