SkillSoft, Scorm/AICC, Path to Content

SkillSoft, Scorm/AICC, Path to Content

by Joshua Shaffner -
Number of replies: 3
I am figuring out why I am seeing the following error when playing a course.

"The requested URL /Content/MGMT000SB.htm was not found on this server."

I used Skillsoft installer to create AICC files. During the installation, it did prompt me to enter URL including hostname and the path to the content. I did not know what the path to content would be in Moodle environment so I enter just http://localhost (for development/testing). It did create manifest, aicc files, etc. I had those files zipped up and uploaded to Moodle. It is when I play a course that I got the error above. Perhaps there is a path I should enter when installing/creating AICC files. Anybody knows?

Thanks,
Joshua
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joshua Shaffner

Re: SkillSoft, Scorm/AICC, Path to Content

by Joshua Shaffner -
Am I suppose to create a virtual directory within Moodle to point to the content directory?
In reply to Joshua Shaffner

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Scorm Objects shouldn't be tied to a URL - I'd try leaving the url field blank.

good luck!

smile

Dan
In reply to Dan Marsden

by Joshua Shaffner -
Only for AICC, would one create a virtual directory and put in the url when creating/installing?

When someone said that they package scorm files, do they mean in the form of PIF? I uploaded a PIF and it said that the Id is missing?

Much appreciated for your time.

Cheers,
j