All registered users to be enrolled in all courses automatically

All registered users to be enrolled in all courses automatically

by Cecile Doyen -
Number of replies: 3
Hello,
I am using Moodle 1.9 and have allowed users to register themselves on the platform. Once they do that I would like them to be have access to all courses AND their description when they log in (right now, either the page shows list of course without description or only a couple of courses but not all)
Any one has a suggestion?
Thank you
CD
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Cecile Doyen

Re: All registered users to be enrolled in all courses automatically

by Matt Campbell -
Do you want them to be automatically enrolled in all courses, or just able to see the list with descriptions?

If you want them enrolled in all courses, you can make them site students (Admin -> Userw -> Permissions -> Site, or something like that - working from my PDA right now!)

If you just want them to be able to see the courses with descriptions, then think a bit about your course & category structure. How are you listing them on the front page (Admin -> Front Page -> Front Page Settings)? Do you have some categories with many courses? By default, Moodle will droo the description and present an icon instead - that's at either 10 or 20 courses, don't remember which - and if you want to fully display more you'll have to hack just a small bit of code - look at http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=89516&parent=396415 for more info on this.

Thanks,
Matt
In reply to Matt Campbell

by Cecile Doyen -
Thanks Matt.
The first suggestion is what I needed.
C.
In reply to Matt Campbell

by Karen Parsons -

HI, I am using 1.9.1 and all users are authenticated users and as a result they are registered on all courses and the Course Passwords are not working. Even when there is a password they are just asked "you are about to join this course Ys/No)

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong ( we are using LDAP- and default is authenicated users) I really want them to be able to enter the course and group password (so I can set them into groups) or am I missing something.

Thanks

Karen