Parameters

Parameters

by Ian Sheeler -
Number of replies: 3
This isn't exactly a repository question but I suspect someone in this forum may have gone down this road before...

I'd like to add a new resource parameter (the parameter fields that appear when you click on the 'advanced' button when you are adding a file) so that I can try to link to private files on Amazon S3. There's already an 'encrypted phrase' parameter that I hope will take care of my Amazon secret key, but I need to add two other parameters to the url - my AccessId and a timestamp. Does anyone know how to add custom parameters?

I've been looking through the php files in the resource directory but can't figure out how to do this.

Linking securely to files on S3 would really be helpful until the repository is developed (it would be great if that allowed access to S3).

With many thanks,
Ian
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ian Sheeler

Re: Parameters

by Darryl De Abreu -

Hello Ian, I am in a similar situation and I need to add some other parameters. Were you able to find a solution for this? I will keep trying and will hopefully be able to get you a response too.

Regards,

Dazzamatazz

In reply to Darryl De Abreu

by Ian Sheeler -
Hi Dazzamatazz,

Sorry for not responding so far - I've been away.

I'm afraid I didn't get really get anywhere with this. I may just make the media files public to avoid the problem but it isn't want we want to do really. Did you have any luck yourself?

Cheers,
Ian

In reply to Ian Sheeler

by Richard van Iwaarden -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I'm facing the same challenge.

I need to add a custom parameter field to a resource weblink. I even added a custom profile field for my users to fill in.

But it is not available to add as a resource parameter. Is this a bug?