How to prevent inforamtion overflow

How to prevent inforamtion overflow

by Ger Tielemans -
Number of replies: 0

I think that David Lamotte has a strong point with the filtering prior to display wish. He mentions the use of Typo3 for this kind of processes.

We are also trying to streamline all these different views we have to present to the users.
Thinking how to do this all inside Moodle ends up in very complicated solutions.

Biggest problem is that - one way or the other - you must integrate the business rules of your educational organisation in Moodle. (Typo3 is - I guess - better suited for that?)

So we ended up with:

• We will use a closed system (local Dutch Magister) for all the formal administration processes, only connected with the modified gradebook in Moodle (using calculated columns as interface)
  • We use Moodle for the organisation of all the educational processes inside a year in the curriculum with the dirty details in each Moodle. 
  • We use Typo3 for the presentation of information of the educational organisation: programs, study streams...

When a student or a teacher first logs in, for example on a TYPO3 page, it is - after the login - easy to present only the moodle information that is needed for his/here running courses.

But:

• How to organise inside Moodle the presentation of the courses that this particular student can choose for extra (preventing the frustraqting clicking on all the courses without a key for him/here)
  • How to present the available courses to freshmen? How can they see which programs they can choose, which combination? Moodle has no mechanism to regulate that.

In our organisation we split the support::

I do Moodle, my colleguae does Typo3.

But if it possible to better integrate these two, then it must be possible to organise the business rules based views in Typo3 and deliver the content for the views by interfacing Typo3 with Moodle. 

How far are others with integrating Typo3 and Moodle?

Average of ratings: -