Foisting Intelligent Searches

Re: Foisting Intelligent Searches

by Marc Grober -
Number of replies: 1
I have come across some php/ajax that does a live search based on an xml dictionary http://www.w3schools.com/php/php_ajax_livesearch.asp that is I think more along the lines Todd is thinking than the KISS type option I was initially suggesting. There are also similar resources for doing the same kind of thing in js.

but, my initial point is that if people are conditioned if you will to posting in forum first and asking later, then we should interpose such a system so that an initial attempt at forum posting will hopefully alleviate the need to post in some instances via direction to the appropriate resources.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Marc Grober

Re: Foisting Intelligent Searches

by Todd Thornton -

Marc,

I agree with pretty much everything you've written. I don't know that a system like I mentioned could ever be implemented in Moodle or not, (I'm not a programmer, but I'm assuming its complex to build) but I'm all for any improvements in handling information and pointing people in the right direction before they feel the need to post. I know personally I'd prefer not to post, but just find the information that I need so I can move on to the next issue. (I don't care where it is- wiki, forum post, Youtube how to video, etc.)

The main point that I was trying to make is that when an organization/company thinks about what people need in online help and how they can make the experience seamless and intuitive for the user, the end result can be extremely impressive.

Todd