course restores over main page as admin

course restores over main page as admin

by Greg Rodenhiser -
Number of replies: 2
We found a pretty nasty bug I think. If the Moodle Administrator (or any user with Moodle admin rights) does a course restore into Moodle 1.9+, it will restore on top of the main Moodle page, instead of the course itself. For example, if I attempt to restore CHEM-101 to Moodle 1.9+ (and attempt to install it into an existing course shell), it will restore the course onto the main Moodle page instead (what everyone sees when they first login).
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Greg Rodenhiser

Re: course restores over main page as admin

by Sherry Brown -
Greg -

I had something similar happen this past weekend while rebuilding a site. This happened only once while restoring 10 courses - it was rectified by restoring the front page course. I thought I had restored the old course to a new course - and attributed the anomaly to me not reading screens carefully. It could be related, or not. I am using 1.9.1+ (May 21st version).
In reply to Sherry Brown

Re: course restores over main page as admin

by Greg Rodenhiser -
It seems to happen any time we restore a course as admin role. The first time it happened I wrote it off like you did, as I must have made a mistake or been in the wrong place. However, further testing as showed this every time we run a restore (as admin). Typically we run these as the instructor role, but sometimes the admin needs to. I've openned a bug report in the Moodle Tracker (MDL-15034).