1.8 to 1.9 Upgrade Problem

1.8 to 1.9 Upgrade Problem

by Marcus Tremble -
Number of replies: 3
Greetings community,
I just upgraded from 1.8 to 1.9. Everything seemed to be going flawlessly (all green indicators) but at the end, I got this message:

//
Fatal error: Class enrolment_plugin: Cannot inherit from undefined class enrolment_base in /home/demri/public_html/moodle/enrol/internal/enrol.php on line 4
//
Can anyone please advise on how to correct this problem so me upgrade will be complete and solid? Your assistance is very much appreciated. Looking forward.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marcus Tremble

Re: 1.8 to 1.9 Upgrade Problem: RESOLVED!

by Marcus Tremble -
PROBLEM SOLVED: Found the relevant threads with solution. I removed the "internal" folder and the upgrade process resumed and completed.
Moodle developers have done a great job in programming the application to behave in this way, by resuming the upgrade process. Fantastic work!
In reply to Marcus Tremble

by Helen Whitehead -
Please could you put in a link to your solution to this problem as I have it too and I can't find the answer (upgrading from 1.7 to 1.9)

Fatal error: Class enrolment_plugin: Cannot inherit from undefined class enrolment_base .....
In reply to Helen Whitehead

by Marcus Tremble -
Hi Helen, forgive me for taking so long to reply. As mentioned in the Solved (above) entry. The Fatal error message refers to the folder "internal" I just deleted that folder and its contents through FTP. When I logged in again as admin to my Moodle installation, the upgrade process continued and completed. It was fabulous wink Those having the same problem can find the path to that folder in the error message their receiving. Please see my original post on this issue. Hope that helps the next person.