Moving Quizzes

Moving Quizzes

by Brandy Trudeau -
Number of replies: 1

While I am the primary administrator of our new-ish Moodle setup, there have been others adding content as well.  What we have ended up with are some quizzes on the Front Page under Main Menu.  These quizzes should really be inside one of the courses. 

Is there any way to move them there?  I have looked through some of the documentation and can't seem to find a way to do it.

I have attached a screenshot of the situation.

Attachment quizzes.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Brandy Trudeau

Re: Moving Quizzes

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Hi Brandy, welcome to the Moodle Community. This is not the best place to ask yoru question - the Support Forums would be best, but here goes...

There are two ways you can move the quizzes.

The first way (and by far the quickest and easiest) is to back them up individually and then restore them to the relevant courses.

The second way can only be done if you have access to your back end database (the actual database, not the database module!). If you have, then you need to make changes in three places for each quiz - the mdl_quiz table, the mdl_course_sections table and the mdl_course_modules table. Happy to give you help on this method if you want, but my advice would be to pursue the backup/restore option first smile

Cheers