Moodle documentation: Learning styles

Moodle documentation: Learning styles

by Mehdi Taouti -
Number of replies: 0

Hello everyone,

I read sometime ago that Martin's thinking of writing a book for "moodle developers". And that he's waiting the 2.0 release as it will introduce O.O.P into moodle.

So, anything new about that book ? 

As this forum/site is for people who are interested in learning/teaching. I wanted to draw your attention to the fact that there's a style of learning (maybe rare and out of fashion) where books have the most important role!  Some people (like me big grin) need to have a time-plan laid out in front of them. So as to be able to make some time estimate and feel confident before starting the learning process. From what I read Martin encourages people to just dive into the code and assures us that all the information can be found in the forums etc etc. Some people cannot just dive and try to figure out. (my self I have the feeling to enter some dark and dangerous labyrint if I don't have a book, with indexes, page numbers and the whole thing blush).

I've known moodle for a very long time and I feel terrible that I haven't joined the developement effort yet.

About two years ago I's working in some large software company. They had no documentation (or very scarse and unorganized). I was the only one writing proper docs for my code (I didn't have to, I just couldn't do with out). At some point we had to transfer many projects to other site (people) and that doc came very handy, it saved me months.

Anyways, I hope we will have a book as soon as possible.

Average of ratings: -